First Impressions #1: The Russian thing

03:50 0 Comments A+ a-



Psychology and Society in general say that First Impressions are a kind of thing that matters, and so, why not to apply the concept to the blog? ('cause, generally speaking, Psychology and Society suck, I know, but bare with me, ok?) Yesterday, I started to watch this new TV Series that the lovely Storm (and Tumblr) told me about, and I decided to go for it. So, my first First Impression post will be about...


War and Peace (2016)

Title: War and Peace
Year: 2016
What is it?: TV Mini Series
Production: BBC
Other: History/ Drama/ Romance. It's an adaptation from the homonym Leo's Tolstoy book, and it counts six episodes so far, and one season.
Rating: IMDB: 8,2; Rotten Tomatoes: 80%

I'll try to keep this short. I've watched only one episode but I'm already in love. And not only with Lily James (I have a huge crush on her since Downton Abbey, and can't wait for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies), but with pretty much everything. It is beautiful, it keeps you invested, and the only reason why I haven't watched more on Monday itself was because I was falling, as I needed so desperately to sleep.  Also, the characters are lovely, and still really grey for the most part, which is obviously good. As I didn't read the book I have no idea what it will become of this, so lets keep watching and find out!

First Impression: Pretty and shiny, would date again.